One of the largest and most successful funeral homes in the Baltimore metropolitan area, is seeking a Part-time Community Outreach Coordinator. As an industry leader and influential member of the community for over 130 years, the company is committed to providing the families we support with the best and most professional service possible. This is a part-time position with occasional holiday coverage. Under direct supervision of management, the Community Outreach Coordinator organizes, develops, and implements public programs for the organization. S/He will work with the organization to determine and analyze community needs, set sustainable goals, promote projects, and engage with the community.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
- Nurture new and existing relationships with collaborative partners including hospices, assisted living facilities, grief support groups, etc.
- Organize outreach events including marketing, planning, and promoting.
- Maintain website, social media platforms, resource library, etc.
- Collect and analyze data on local demographics and reach out to families to determine community needs.
- Refer surviving community members to appropriate support services.
- Capable of carrying and moving event materials
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Speak professionally and communicate in clear and proper English.
- Some graphic design and/or marketing experience.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Schedule Part-time; Flexible schedule with expectation of working approximately 10 hours/week.
Zip code: 21208
Job ID: #11557COC