A private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, which advocates to improve the lives of Marylanders with disabilities , is seeking to hire a talented Full-time Communications Specialist with 1-3 years of relevant experience to manage its external communication activities, including message development, social media, and website content. This position reports to the Development Manager and interacts with its management team to create targeted communications to a variety of audiences in order to increase the organization’s overall visibility and engagement.
- Manage digital communications platforms, including its website and social media.
- Produce and publish communications and outreach materials including press releases, newsletters, and brochures.
- Assist in the development of strategic communications to increase company’s visibility; collaborate with staff to develop and implement media strategies that raise public awareness of disability rights issues and company’s work, and foster positive images of people with disabilities.
- Maintain database of media contacts and appearances.
- Aid with fundraising activities, including but not limited to production and mailing/emailing of appeals, materials for annual fundraising gala such as press releases and sponsorship packets, and ensure accurate processing of appropriate gift acknowledgements.
- Be actively engaged in nonprofit community of communications and development professionals in Baltimore and throughout Maryland.
- Periodically travel and attend evening and weekend events.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 – 3 years relevant experience or Associate’s degree with substantial relevant experience equivalent to Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent writing skills, ability to edit, revise and give/receive feedback on writing.
- Strong computer skills and software knowledge; familiarity with internet, website and social media trends and opportunities related to communications and fundraising; proficiency utilizing related technology, including donor databases, Microsoft Office, social media platforms, e-mail marketing systems and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail; ability to adapt to quickly changing needs and be flexible.
- Strong interpersonal skills including capacity to collaborate and work well with diverse internal and external teams and communicate timely and effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate sound independent judgment, and maintain confidentiality in a law firm environment.
- Strong skills in content development, an ability to identify story ideas and translate complex legal information into versatile text or visual narrative for multiple audiences.
- A passion for social justice and commitment to improving the lives of low-income people with disabilities through legal advocacy; motivation and capacity to quickly learn issues pertinent to disability rights.
Pay: Salary range is $45,000-$55,000, and depends on education level, experience, and special skills.
Benefits: Benefit package included
Schedule: Full-time; Remote; Periodically travel and attend evening and weekend events.
Zip code: 21211
Job ID: #65147CS