A nonprofit organization that supports independent living and rehabilitation and structured training programs, is looking for a self-motivated, creative, and experienced Communications Manager to join our team!
- Serve as the primary contact for all marketing and promotional activities across the organization.
- Manage social media presence. Plan and schedule monthly posts and maintain annual social media calendar.
- Manage all online communications and assets, including newsletters, blogs, targeted email blasts, and website.
- Oversee the production and distribution of all digital and print materials, brochures, promotional materials such as posters, flyers, event invitations, swag, and the annual report.
- Initiate and deepen relationships with community partners for cross-promotion and brand awareness efforts and represent organization at community outreach events.
- Assist with fundraising strategies such as donor communications, marketing campaigns, and fundraising materials.
- Develop and cultivate media contacts and relationships and manage incoming media inquiries and requests.
- Assist with non-project event planning regarding event promotion, securing necessary branded materials and collateral, and arranging for photo/video capture.
- Write press releases, coordinate media interviews and features, pitch story ideas to regional media outlets and maintain media sources.
- Meet and conduct interviews with students, graduates, and associates to use for communication purposes.
- Represent the organization at events.
About You: As the Marketing and Communications Manager, we are looking for a skilled individual to implement and oversee all aspects of our marketing and communications needs. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and collaborator and will be excited to build our marketing and communications infrastructure and grow with us. As a Communications Associate, you will be responsible for development, implementing, and coordinating all organization’s communications activities and campaigns. The Marketing & Communications Manager will work closely with staff members as well as outside partners, vendors, and media contacts. Photography skills a plus possess the following essential skills.
- A confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Project management and planning skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong marketing, management, and relationship-building skills and a good working knowledge of traditional and digital marketing
- Passion and excellence in writing and editing copy for a broad array of promotional materials including, but not limited to, electronic newsletters, press releases, annual reports, flyers, ads, and marketing collateral.
- Ability to craft compelling messages across different platforms and for a variety of target audiences.
- Understanding of visual identity and adherence to brand standards.
- Hands-on experience using website content management systems, electronic communication systems, and e-marketing platforms such as Word Press, MailChimp, Constant Contact, and social media management tools.
- Knowledge of the use of social media in today’s media landscape, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.,
- Experience building community through social media.
- Familiarity with community engagement and fundraising campaigns.
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
Pay: $46,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Tuition reimbursement
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 hour shifts
Job ID 19828 CM
Zip Code: 21227