A 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing career and training resources to blind residents of Maryland, is seeking a self-motivated, creative, and experienced Communications Manager to join its team and be responsible for development, implementing, and coordinating all Company’s communications activities and campaigns. Main duties include but are not limited to creating content for our website and social media platforms, press releases, articles, and media opportunities to share our organizations’ brand, products, and services.
- A confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Project management and planning skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach
- Oversee all internal and external communications for Company to include quarterly newsletter, weekly announcements, monthly touchpoints to donors as well as additional projects that come down the line.
- Write press releases, coordinate media interviews and features, pitch story ideas to regional media outlets and maintain media sources.
- Manage / oversee all aspects of Company’s social media pages. Perform duties as the account administrator.
- Oversee website content for Company. Work with web developer to upgrade our current site.
- Write and edit letters and emails for various touchpoints throughout the year to engage our donor base.
- Meet and conduct interviews with students, graduates, and associates to use for communication purposes.
- Coordinate with Director and Graphic designer creation of marketing and communications collateral across all departments to ensure there is a consistent message.
- Represent the organization at events.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in nonprofit communications.
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Up to date on industry trends
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Pay: DOE; 55-75K.
Benefits: Benefit package included
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid
Zip code: 21227
Job ID: #19828CM