A local museum seeks a Communications and Content Coordinator.
to provide strategy, planning, and implementation to ensure that the Museum’s robust and dynamic programs, exhibits, generated content, and community offerings are present, accessible, and compelling to a growing population of engaged people and communities.
In this role, with the support of the Executive Director, Director of Public Programs and the Marketing Chair and committee, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing a multi-year, coordinated communications, marketing, and messaging program to complement the programmatic, engagement, and financial goals established by JMM’s leadership.
- Providing leadership, including strategy and hands-on implementation of museum’s communications and marketing.
- Developing a digital media production, post-production, and content management plan.
- Redeveloping and editing digital content, predominantly video, for further interpretation and exploration by audiences. • Identify staff training and deployment needs to support the plan, train staff, and implement the plan.
- Assessing and advancing internal communications processes and systems which enable the communications function within the department and across the institution.
- Developing a website development roadmap in collaboration with the management team. • Managing web, email, and social media platforms; execute marketing, advertising, and PR efforts.
- Building and executing an integrated, strategic communications and marketing plan that supports programmatic and engagement vision.
- Fostering culture of collaboration and transparency by ensuring that systems and procedures support clear and compelling communications internally and externally, across all mediums.
- Partnering with Development team to develop a compelling communications plan to support general and capital fundraising and membership renewal periods.
- Collaborating with Lay Leadership, especially the Marketing Chair of the board. Coordinating communications efforts with other senior staff members and act as a proactive thought partner in the annual program planning process.
- 3-5 years of experience in a communications, marketing and digital media position.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, Premiere Pro and InDesign, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress and Canva a plus.
- Ability to extract and analyze data to make effective, efficient decisions about resource allotment.
- Ability to collaborate and delegate preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills preferred.
- Knowledge and experience within the Jewish communal sector a plus.
- Must be a skillful and proactive communicator. Experience working with volunteers, particularly board members, as well as managing and collaborating with external vendors, particularly in the press preferred.
Pay: $45,000 – $50,000.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package