A non-profit organization which offers adult medical day, vocational, educational, day habilitation, and medical, social services, and youth autism services programs is seeking to hire a Full-time Certified Nursing Assistant/Program Assistant to work in its Adult Medical Day Department. The CNA/PA will work under the supervision of the Manager, Health Services. The successful person in this position engage with participants during activities and provide general assistance with activities of daily living.
- Assists participants with activities of daily living to include assistance with toileting, meals and ambulation
- Assists participants with changing for the pool
- Documents care/service provided as required
- Assists with serving meals as needed
- Assists with monthly vital signs and weights as assigned
- Monitors activity at the door when assigned
- Notifies appropriate staff if any Medical Day participants attempt to leave building without notification.
- Assists with activities as assigned, as well as on field trips, appointments, etc.
- Engages with participants to ensure that individual needs and interests are met
- Monitors participants while on League transportation when assigned as a bus aide
- Provides excellent customer service to participants during all interactions
- Notifies nurse of medical concerns noticed or voiced by participant
- Maintains clean and safe environment
- Works with other staff to meet the needs of participants
- Performs a variety of general office duties when requested
- Gives proper notification for absence or illness.
- Shows dependability by being punctual and maintaining consistent attendance
- Assists with other duties as assigned
- Minimum age of 21
- Certified Nursing Assistant required
- Ability to work well with others and provide excellent customer service
- Effective verbal communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One-year experience working with disabled population in a day or residential setting preferred
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Monday – Friday Hours as assigned between 7:00am and 4:00pm
Zip code: 21239