One of the nation’s leading privately held hotel investment and third-party management companies is seeking a Full-time Centralized Director of Finance to join its team and be responsible for all aspects of financial management, financial control, accounting, and financial reporting for assigned hotels. In addition, the Controller is ultimately responsible for making month-end accruals, posting payroll, and ensuring the financials are ready for review by the Regional Director of Finance. The Centralized Controller will prepare a large majority of the balance sheet reconciliations for the assigned assets once the month-end close process is completed.
- Responsible for Accounting, financial reporting, and controllership functions for assigned hotels which are accounted for on a centralized basis.
- Timely preparation and issuance of complete and accurate monthly and annual hotel financial statements.
- Creates and/or reviews annual budgets, monthly variance analyses, and related budget-creation policies and procedures.
- Assists in the establishment, documentation, and adherence to Accounting Policies and Procedures and internal controls for centralized accounting operations.
- Monitors hotel operations, cash flow and operating forecasts of assigned entities.
- Reviews or prepares monthly bank reconciliations and G/L reconciliations for assigned hotel properties.
- Communicates with hotel and corporate management on accounting related issues as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. CPA a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant financial management and accounting experience. Hospitality experience at both the property level and corporate supervisory level a plus.
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and GAAP concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Hotel Accounting.
- Understanding of hotel month-end, budgeting, forecasting, and financial preparation process.
- Proven ability to work with complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of enterprise-level accounting software systems.
- Performs work in a well-organized, self-directed manner with ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks, work both independently and in a team environment, and grasp concepts quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and detail oriented with ability to think critically.
- Ability to travel as required.
Pay: DOE; $94,503-$110,000/year
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: Remote
Job ID: #65446CDF