One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Business Operations Support Specialist to supports and assist the Office of Alumni Relations with daily routine and ad-hoc operational activities. This role supports a variety of administrative and professional office functions, including office operations, administrative assistance, and reception support. In addition, the position supports the Alumni Board of Directors using the Board Effect online platform as well as providing executive level support to the Associate Vice President and two Directors. Professional representation is required for internal and external stakeholders, including alumni, staff faculty, students, and visitors. Telework may be available for this position up to two days per week following the completion of 90 days of service in good standing.
- Manages routine daily office operations and reception functions, including but not limited to: Serves as key coordinator, schedules meetings, drafts email communications, manages documents and correspondence, makes arrangements for event speakers, manages room reservations, and confirms catering as needed.
- Provides support to the volunteer University Alumni Association Board of Directors, comprised of 23 diverse and influential alumni community leaders. Proficient in BoardEffect online communication and registration platform. Coordinates routine correspondence, posts data and information on BoardEffect regularly. Attends quarterly meetings, drafts minutes, and distributes documents in a timely manner.
- Supports and assists with report generation and critical records maintenance via Salesforce and other technical systems, including database updates, data collection, research, follow up and confidential data entry. Data management and reporting via Salesforce.
- Assists and administratively supports all alumni engagement activities and events, i.e., nametags, event briefing materials, packing of supplies, and mailing and shipping of events materials in planning and implementing programming and events. Occasional evenings and weekend work is required.
- Manage, respond and/or deliver messages to alumni email communication vehicle.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years of related experience in higher education, non-profit or advocacy organizations.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Needs to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-moving environment.
- Comfortable to work in an open and transparent team environment.
- Ability to organize projects independently, with minimal supervision. Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and time-sensitive issues for various stakeholders with time urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail, quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, verbal, and written communications are necessary.
- Skilled in customer service and a passion for ensuring visitors/stakeholders have a positive experience/interaction.
- The highest level of integrity and the ability to maintain confidential information are necessary.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, web conferencing tools, various team messaging systems and group survey tools.
- Spreadsheet design and formatting.
- Output is expected to conform to established policies and procedures.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and be on feet for extended periods of time.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and neighbors has been our top priority and the focus of every one of our decisions since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, the University System of Maryland (USM) has strongly encouraged full COVID vaccination and up-to-date booster shots (when eligible) for all faculty, staff, and students at all schools in the USM as both a reasonable and necessary means of protecting our health and safety.
Pay: Salary starting at $50,000, salary commensurate on experience.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid-Up to two days/week following completion of 90 days of service in good standing.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21252
Job ID: #10794BOSS