Are you highly creative and love the thrill of engaging groups in experiential learning? Do you have experience using nontraditional techniques to engage learners and bring information to life? Do you have experience working with and providing educational programming for culturally diverse audiences? Use your talents to create and facilitate innovative programs that help children, teens, and young adults boost their understanding of mental wellbeing, build their resilience, and reduce stigma of mental health challenges. A non-profit human service organization is looking for the right person to join our vibrant Prevention & Wellness Education team as a Behavioral Health & Wellness Educator.
A large comprehensive human services agency has an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives on creativity and collaboration and understands the importance of raising awareness about mental health and substance use disorders. In this role, you will work with colleagues to develop and deliver dynamic programming – both in-person and through interactive on-demand educational platforms – that enhance the well-being of young people of all backgrounds. This could be either a full-time or part-time position offering a mix of in-person and remote work with some local travel required. Our offices and primary service area are in the Greater Baltimore Area. Flexibility for some Sundays and evening hours.
- Degree or work experience in mental health, substance use disorders, counseling, education, or other relevant fields
- Knowledge of mental health and substance use issues
- Experience working with youth and communities at risk a plus
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with individuals of diverse abilities and backgrounds
- Experience working with children, teens, young adults
- Familiarity with experiential learning techniques (performing arts/theatre a plus)
- Experience and familiarity with creative and online presentation platforms (e.g., edpuzzle, nearpod, Prezi)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package included.
Schedule: Part-time/Full-time; Hybrid
Zip code: 21215
Job ID: #10158BHWE