Are you ready to make a meaningful impact in the lives of individuals with varying abilities? A proud non-profit human service agency, we’re dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive community for all. We’re seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Supported Employment Specialist to join our team and be part of something truly special. This position is field based in Baltimore City and Baltimore County.
As an Assistant Supported Employment Specialist at our agency, you’ll be at the heart of our mission to empower and uplift individuals with varying abilities. Your day-to-day will be dynamic and impactful:
Creating Connections: Arrive onsite at 9am to meet clients, working in small groups or one-on-one, building meaningful relationships that foster growth.
On-the-Road Adventure: Hop in your vehicle and drive up to 4 clients to various volunteer sites and community locations. Visit clients at work in the afternoon.
Empowering Independence: Help clients learn essential work readiness skills such as communication, social interactions, time management, and independence.
Championing Inclusion: Foster an environment where every individual feels valued, understood, and included. Familiarity with disability-friendly language is key.
Workplace Advocacy: Develop strong relationships with volunteer coordinators and employers to advocate for our clients, ensuring their success and growth.
Guiding Growth: Visit clients at their worksites to provide support and ensure a positive work experience.
Documenting Impact: Utilize your excellent time management skills to complete required documentation and progress notes within 24 hours of client interactions.
Community Engagement: Accompany clients to Department of Social Services, Mobility, and other community resources as needed.
- Compassionate Advocate: Passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals with varying abilities.
- Road Warrior: Possess a clean driving record and the ability to transport clients in your own vehicle.
- Time Management Pro: Excellent time management skills to balance onsite sessions, transportation, and paperwork.
- Inclusive Mindset: Knowledge or experience working with individuals with varying abilities, and familiarity with disability-friendly language.
- Relationship Builder: Skilled at developing rapport with clients and collaborating with employers and coordinators.
- Problem Solver: Quick thinking and adaptable in dynamic environments.
- Detail-Oriented: Strong documentation skills, ensuring accurate and timely record-keeping.
- Team Player: Thrive in a collaborative environment that values diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid.
Zip code: 21215
Job ID: #10158ASES