A public community college is seeking an Administrator, Financial Aid.
Specific Essential Duties
- Provide leadership to assigned College division and/or function.
- Remain knowledgeable about the College, its structure, culture, policies, and practices.
- Serve as point of contact for internal and external organizations.
- Prepare and analyze reports, as requested.
- Develop policies and procedures, as required.
- Serve as an advocate for the College and its students, as required.
- Serve as liaison between College departments, faculty and/or staff, as required.
Position Specific Essential Duties
- Counsels and advises students and parents regarding the availability of financial aid, eligibility requirements, and the application and awarding process.
- Provide outstanding service to students and other internal and external customers
- Represent CCBC at financial aid outreach events.
- Process student verification to determine eligibility, perform needs analysis and authorize disbursements based on case load.
- Monitor students for Return of Title IV funds based on case load.
- Determine Student award eligibility for federal, state and institutional funding.
- Resolve financial aid over awards and monitor tuition adjustments to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state regulations.
- Ensures compliance with all financial aid policies, procedures and regulations when reviewing financial aid applications.
- Exercise professional judgment when interpreting federal and state regulations for specific student situations.
- Manage monthly IDSEP reporting to the Department of Education
- Resolve C-code issues reported on student ISIR.
- Review special consideration appeals based on alpha break-dow
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred; Computer literacy; a minimum of three years of financial aid or related experience in a higher education or comparable setting. Prior experience with the financial aid software, Ellucian Banner experience preferred. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
Pay: $55,723.00 – $89,413.00