One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Full-time Administrative Assistant II for its Registrar’s office, which is committed to providing the highest level of service to students, faculty, and staff in order to facilitate student success, teaching excellence, and administrative integrity records. These services are provided in-person at the Registrar’s Service Center, over the telephone, email, and Chat. This position provides complex administrative support to students, faculty, departments, University programs, as well as internal and external stake holders. Tasks and responsibilities require comprehensive knowledge of the organization or program where assigned, skill in working with issues related to policy, procedures, and confidential matters, and involves considerable participation in the work of the supervisor. Incumbents exercise discretion and judgement with considerate consequence of error. This position utilizes various software programs to ensure accuracy of services provided. This position will assist with registration and academic record related services to students and the campus community. This position will also convert student records, transcripts, and participate in change of major/minor processing.
- Receives and screen telephone calls, emails, and visitors. Independently handles procedural and substantive matters and inquiries which require technological knowledge of multiple systems including but not limited to Salesforce, Parchment, Perceptive Content, DocuSign, PeopleSoft, Website, Chat, HCX, and WebEx. Provides customer service at the Registrar’s Service Center to students, faculty and campus community at large totaling 80% of all communication received in the Registrar’s Office. Develops, implements, and maintains electronic and paper filing systems which meets departments and University needs to satisfy requirements for retention and information security. Process changes of major/minor forms, change of grades, and enter registration as requested each semester while being aware of policies. Assist students with online registration issues (waitlist, prerequisites, and closed courses). Assist in corrections of records for graduating students for degree completion and awarding. Verifies enrollment, graduation via postal mail, telephone, and email of current students and alumni.
- Act as intermediary for supervisor, interacting with officials, staff at all levels and the public. Provides information requiring comprehensive knowledge of institutional policies, procedures, and special departmental issues. Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Process transcripts requests (TU and BHU) via counter or third-party vendor in a timely manner. Research accuracy of information in the following systems: PeopleSoft, Perceptive Content, and Microfiche. Maintain and retrieve student electronic academic folders. Scan documents into imaging system (Image Now/Perceptive Content) for archival purposes.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in administrative staff work.
- Must have superior customer service skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Image Now/Perceptive Content a plus.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience, and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and neighbors has been our top priority and the focus of every one of our decisions since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, the University System of Maryland (USM) has strongly encouraged full COVID vaccination and up-to-date booster shots (when eligible) for all faculty, staff, and students at all schools in the USM as both a reasonable and necessary means of protecting our health and safety.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21252
Job ID: #10794AAII