One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Full-time Administrative Assistant II to assist students, as well as visitors and callers to the Department of Theatre Arts and provide administrative support to the chair, faculty, and staff. Maintain department financial paperwork and process payments in consultation with department budget manager.
- Serve as first point of contact for the department and provide administrative support to the chair, faculty, staff, and students.
- Maintain department financial paperwork, and process payments in consultation with department budget manager, including the application for rights to productions.
- Assist with event planning, trip planning and meeting planning.
- Assist in maintaining calendars and scheduling of department events and activities.
- Order inventory supplies, including scripts for production use, as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of administrative experience.
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Skills in various computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instruction.
- Experience in Theatre or arts management.
- Higher education experience.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience, and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21252
Job ID: #10794AAII