One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Full-time Administrative Assistant I to join its team. Under general supervision, this position provides moderately complex administrative support for the Department of Health Sciences. This position is critical in overseeing multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment, serving as first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Maintains positive and professional demeanor while greeting and directing in person and over the phone traffic.
- Independently handles routine matters and forwards to appropriate parties as needed, facilitates the distribution of correspondence internally and externally, to include mail/document sorting.
- Provides a neat and orderly front office space. Provides support in facilitating student registration, management of the student orientation process, advisor assignments and general assistance.
- Maintains accurate paper and electronic filing systems and online databases, which meet departmental needs and satisfy requirements for retention and information security.
- Enters, updates, and retrieves information as needed to track faculty and student data.
- May review confidential student and faculty records for departmental needs.
- Maintain and update the departmental website and/or directory, prepares general work & tech orders with hard copy and digital files and records, complies with key and parking requests in efficient manner; to include keeping accurate records and accessible logs to comply with auditing.
- Makes travel arrangements following general instructions and campus procedures.
- Performs necessary follow-up for vouchers, expense reports and reimbursements.
- Other duties as assigned to include general guidance and instruction from lead front office staff member and serving as backup to Admin II as needed.
- Monitors office supplies and coordinates with Admin II for prompt ordering and replacement.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience providing administrative support.
- The ability to communicate effectively; to interact with the public, employees, and students in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Skill in various computer software packages, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions; and to project a professional and positive image of the institution.
- Preferred: High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Preference given to those who have experience working in an academic support office setting.
- Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience, and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21252
Job ID: #10794AA