A network of intensive outpatient (IOP) addiction treatment centers in Maryland, Pennsylvania, northern Virginia, and Washington, DC, is seeking to hire a Full-time Addictions Counselor to work remotely for its Frederick, MD location. The company’s mission includes two goals. The first goal is to provide high-quality care, support and affordable treatment to patients who suffer with an addiction. The second is to improve the addiction industry and raise the bar for patient care.
- Provides case management services which support a positive treatment outcome
- Serves as co-therapist in IOP and Continued Care groups
- Organizes and makes third hour didactic presentations
- Develop patient treatment plans based on results from the screening tools and bio psychosocial assessment
- Collaborates with medical staff and treatment team as a whole
- Consults with family members and referral sources in order to coordinate patient care
- Ensures adequate case management services are identified and addressed
- Responsible for maintaining patient records which include documentation of treatment activity and progress
- Ensures that patient records are accurate, comprehensive and legible
- Obtain signatures from licensed therapist for documents requiring a second signature
- Strong administrative, verbal, and written communication skills and at least one of the following: Completion of a AA, AS, BA, BS, BSW, MA, MS, MSW degree in Human Services, Counseling or Social Work from an accredited college or university, as well as application to take appropriate certification or licensure exam
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Master’s degree a plus
- Must be certified or licensed in Maryland (LCSW, LGSW, LCPC, LGPC, LCADC, LGADC, CAC, ADT)
- If disclosed that the staff member is in recovery from alcohol and drug dependency, a minimum of five years continuous sobriety is required.
Pay: DOE; Salary will be based on licensure and experience.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Remote; 30 hours/week
Zip code: 20866