A network of intensive outpatient (IOP) addiction treatment centers in Maryland, Pennsylvania, northern Virginia, and Washington, DC, is seeking to hire Part-time Addiction Counselor, Floating Clinician, to work remotely, and may work with the clinical team in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC or Pennsylvania. Must enjoys group psychotherapy and must be comfortable filling in to co-lead groups virtually. This position could be a great opportunity for someone in private practice who would like to supplement their individual hours with group psychotherapy and have the benefit of working with a team. All groups at company are co-led, so there is ample opportunity for growing and developing skills in group psychotherapy, psychoeducation, and working with addicted populations. Licensure supervision is provided as an additional benefit, and includes both weekly individual and group supervision.
- Serves as co-therapist in process groups
- Presents third hour didactic presentations, when needed
- Conducts clinical evaluations, assessing for SUD and level of care recommendation
- Responsible for maintaining patient records which includes documentation of treatment activity and progress in group notes
- Case management duties assigned, on occasion, when a clinician is absent for a longer period of time, for example, maternity leave; In this case, the floating clinician would be based out of that office for an identified length of time
- Completion a AA, AS, BA, BS, BSW, MA, MS, MSW degree in Human Services, Counseling or Social Work from an accredited college or university
- Candidates hold an appropriate clinical license in one of these states: Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC, Pennsylvania
- Group therapy experience required (at least 2 years)
- SUD treatment experience preferred
- Comfortable working with a robust clinical team that includes certified addiction counselors, licensed therapists and social workers, psychiatric nurse practitioners and psychiatrists
- If disclosed that the staff member is in recovery from alcohol and drug dependency
a minimum of five years continuous sobriety is required.
Pay: DOE; Salary will be based on licensure and experience.
Schedule: Part-time; Remote; Monday-Friday, 4 PM to 8 PM.
Zip code: 20866