A full-service accounting and consulting firm dedicated to providing clients with transparency, superior service and dynamic results, is seeking a Full-time Accounting/Bookkeeping Professional to join its growing team. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, collaborative and eager to learn. This position has vast opportunities for advancement.
- Work with our clients to provide full range of bookkeeping services and ensure the accuracy of financial records
- Assist clients in implementing proper procedures and processes to enhance job cost reporting systems
- Train clients in QuickBooks and other vertical market construction software
- Participate in all aspects of our clients’ accounting, including A/R, A/P, general ledger, reconciliations, sales tax, credit and collection, commission and payroll
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and reports including profit and loss statements, balance sheets and statements of cash flow
- Conduct monthly and quarterly closings and prepare documentation needed to submit accurate tax payments
- Prepare federal and state individual and business tax returns under supervision of a manager
- Travel to various clients in the MD/VA area
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Financial Accounting Standards
- Must have experience working with computerized accounting systems, such as QuickBooks
- Construction accounting software knowledge a plus
- BS in Finance or Accounting a plus
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication with colleagues and clients
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with longer hours required during tax season. Offers flexible scheduling.
Zip code: 21117