The world’s premier institution dedicated to improving the lives of children and young adults with care and research focused on pediatric developmental disabilities and disorders of the brain, spinal cord and musculoskeletal system is seeking an Accounting Analyst to perform a variety of professional accounting and financial duties across the Institute. The incumbent will conduct a variety of monthly accounting and financial close responsibilities, including the recording of financial transactions/journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and assisting in the preparation of financial statements and management reports. This position will ensure all assigned journal entries are recorded and that assigned monthly reconciliations are complete and accurate, all within appropriate deadlines.
- Prepare and enter assigned monthly journal entries, including balance sheet, revenue and expense, and net asset transactions.
- Update, analyze, and reconcile assigned balance sheet account reconciliations. This includes a variety of liability, asset, and net asset accounts.
- Maintain, analyze, and correct grant receivable and grant revenue schedules.
- Code, maintain, and reconcile fixed asset and CIP schedules.
- Maintain multiple aspects of the non-patient Accounts Receivable system, including but not limited to posting, reconciling payments, monthly analysis, and making recommendations for adjustments.
- Administer the credit card process, including but not limited to analyzing and resolving charge backs as well as managing any credit card disputes.
- Enter monthly journal entries and reconcile intercompany general ledger accounts.
- Keep current on all technical Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) accounting literature.
- Assist Manager, Accounting in monitoring the workflow and reviewing work of junior staff.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred.
- Minimum of three years of general accounting, auditing, or financial analysis required.
We require full COVID vaccination or documentation of medical and/or religious exemption(s) approval for this job as we are a healthcare institution committed to putting health and safety first for our patients, students, employees, and the communities we serve.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid
Zip code: 21205
Job ID: #66851AA