One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Full-time Academic Program Specialist for The College of Liberal Arts (CLA) to join its team and provide support for assessment, outreach, communication, public relations, recruitment, marketing, and programs that report to the office of the Dean. This position will support the CLA Office of the Dean in the development and facilitation of academic and non-academic programs. Telework is available for this position up to two days per week following the completion of 90 days of service in good standing.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- This position provides administrative support to Dean’s office and College level committees and events, serves as a contact and resource for students, assists with marketing, recruitment, website development/maintenance, budget/account management upon request, and supports College events.
- In addition, use of People Soft and other software to provide general College data through short summary and reports may be required.
- Special projects as assigned and ongoing support of office operations are included within the role of Academic Program Specialist.
- Responsibilities include all College departments and other University divisions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year experience in administrative staff work.
- General knowledge of business English, spelling, and grammar.
- General knowledge of and skill in the use of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software to produce documents and maintain information.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical computations.
- Ability to present statistical material in table, chart, or graph form.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with tact and discretion.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate computers and other office equipment.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience, and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21252
Job ID: #10794APS