A community driven non-profit organization (in Howard Co.), has an immediate opening for a part time Program Coordinator who will be the primary staff person overseeing the Student to Student (STS) Program.
Note: This position is part-time 12.5 – 15 hours per week.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, organizing, and implementation of the program, including the recruitment of students, liaising with educational institutions, and coordinating all logistics of presentations. The Program Coordinator for Student to Student will report to the Director of Community Engagement and handle all administrative and creative functions of the program.
Student to Student is a classroom-based experiential program that brings Jewish and non-Jewish high school students together to learn about Judaism through personal storytelling. Jewish high school presenters visit local high school classrooms to share their own personal Jewish experiences. Student to Student aims to disrupt patterns of ignorance and hatred that lead to antisemitism.
- Recruits Jewish student presenters by leveraging relationships with Jewish community professionals (clergy, educators, youth group professionals, etc.) and engaging them to suggest prospective participants
- Organizes and oversees training for Jewish student presenters. This consists of an in-person training for teens locally and various virtual trainings throughout the year offered nationally
- Forms diverse Jewish student presenter groups and identifies group leaders
- Conducts outreach to local schools to market STS and bring presentations into their classrooms
- Networks with school educators, administrators, and curriculum specialists in area districts to bring STS to their schools
- Works with Jewish student presenters and group leaders to schedule presentations, and works out details such as making sure group members have transportation, know their parts, and are bringing the appropriate props
- Attends presentations, or arranges for another trained adult to attend
- At the end of presentations, shares the post-presentation survey with the class to gather data for the Student to Student program and Be the Narrative
- Markets and spreads awareness of the STS program in Howard County
- Engages and mobilizes stakeholders to support STS (volunteers, donors, alumni, parents, etc.)
- Sets up STS adult volunteer advisory board
- Attends the yearly training conference held by Be the Narrative, on June 25-27, 2023, in St. Louis
- Participates in virtual trainings throughout the year
Skills and Qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for working with and recruiting teens from across the Jewish community
- Passion for combating antisemitism, preventing antisemitism and, dispelling stereotypes
- Comfortable making cold calls for recruitment purposes
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Able to manage detailed schedules and logistics of the STS program
- Broad familiarity with Judaism, Israel, the Jewish community, values, history, heritage, and culture
- Proficiency in office computing and online social media
- Previous experience working in Jewish communal spaces is preferred
- Previous experience working with youth and/or teens is preferred
- Previous experience in interfaith spaces is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including mail merging in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions preferred.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Schedule: Hours vary, 12.5 – 15 hours per week.
Zip code: 21044
Job ID: #11162PC