A staffing company has an opening for a Fiscal Assistant.
Fiscal Assistant needed for an education organization, located in Towson, MD. The Fiscal Assistant will complete a variety of fiscal tasks related to the processing of COST sheets for nonpublic schools, maintaining records, and completing MSDE reports. This is a two month contract position with possible extension.
*Prepares periodic and special accounting statements, summaries, schedules, statistical, and analytical reports.
- Performs repetitive procedures from pertinent data that may be obtained readily from both within and outside the department requiring discussions and explanations with concerned personnel.
- Generates and reviews purchase orders, material requisitions, invoices, debit and credit memorandums, and other related paperwork that establishes charges or authorizes changes to accounts to ensure that financial transactions are properly approved, processed, recorded, and that all costs incurred are charged to the proper accounts in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Reconciles bank statements to Board of Education accounts.
- Reviews school accounts for required approvals, receipts, and reasonableness of expenses incurred.
- Assists in reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Processes for payment involved accounts payable.
- Reconciles inquiries and/or detects problems regarding various transactions.
- Recommends and maintains appropriate control records.
- Inputs and reviews data to determine that all transactions are correct and/or cleared for corrections.
- Verifies reports for accuracy, including journal entries, hand drawn checks, and other transactions.
- Posts monthly disbursements including computer and hand drawn checks, full and partial liquidations to the encumbrance file, new encumbrances, payroll, and file maintenance.
- Maintains financial files.
- Must have at least two years of accounting experience with the ability to perform mathematical computations.
- Must have excellent data entry skills (over 7,000 keystrokes per hour) or a Typing speed of at least 40 wpm with accuracy.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality of employee and system records.
- Must have good Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Must be able to work from
- Must be able to pass a FBI background check and drug test.
Health Benefits: Yes
Schedule: 8:30am-4:30pm Monday through Friday with a 30 minute non paid lunch.