A Jewish non-profit organization is seeking a Full-time (Preferably) or Part- time experienced Community Social Worker. The community social worker will assess the needs of individuals seeking social services as well as those seeking financial assistance to meet acute needs.
The Community Social Worker will be expected to work remotely, as well as in person, when safety allows.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Vet individuals to assure that requests for social service and/or financial assistance are justified and based on demonstrable needs
- Work sensitively and effectively with those in need and provide them with care and support through their times of need and/or financial emergency
- Liaise with local synagogues to identify social service needs within the congregation and assist in referring individuals to available services
- When needed, research and identify providers of social services in Howard County, the state of Maryland, or other locations for the purpose of referring clients to these services
- Identify Support Groups of interest to the community (e.g., parents of children, young adults, and adults with special needs; families with members with mental and physical challenges; loss support; issues facing seniors; financial planning, etc.)
- Identify speakers, recruit, organize, and (if appropriate) facilitate Support Groups sponsored by the JFHC, along with other agencies and organizations, as well as oversee registration for support groups
- Help conceptualize Support Group topics and presentations
- Coordinate logistics in relation to Support Groups (e.g., meeting locations, refreshments, if any)
- Identify organizations (e.g., synagogues, social service providers, etc.) to partner within sponsoring Support Groups
- Organize or staff programs for Seniors who live in well-elderly facilities and other sites where Seniors gather or live together
- Coordinate the efforts of, and help plan the programs of, JFHC’s FedConnections volunteer program and work with its leaders and pool of volunteers to carry out its mission and goals
- Work with the Program Director, Marketing & Communications Associate, and other staff colleagues to coordinate, recruit, plan, and market, the FedConnections and Support Group programs
Qualifications and Skills:
- MSW required; LMSW preferred; LCSW-C ideal
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in the social worker field
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work with volunteers and community leadership
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams)
- Ability to work some evenings and Sundays
Pay: $51,900 – 60,0000 commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Benefit package included.